Monday, October 15, 2007

Chiiiiiina

Ok, so I'm here. Heh. I have a lot to say, but I'm posting this
entry during somebody's conference talk so this will be short.

Beijing is a huge, huge city full of huge, huge buildings. There are
some striking similarities between this city and Washington DC -
they're both completely dominated by strong government bureaucracies
and they both have terrible, terrible traffic problems.

The hotel is fine, everybody is friendly, the conference is
interesting, I'm eating well. Now I have to go pay attention.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Daniel is a grad student at UVA, working on his PhD at Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility in Newport News, VA. His girlfriend lives in California. Daniel's work will take him to China this month, hence this web-log.